Despite the usefulness of the Chilton manual, the book itself is large, heavy, and cumbersome. With the manuals now accessible online through our library database, you can easily find the information you are looking for and print only what you need. A stack of ten or twenty pages is much easier to handle and reference than a book several inches thick.
Accessing the manuals online is easy to do by following these instructions:
1. Starting with our library webpage, www.duboispubliclibrary.org, click on the “Online Resources” tab.
2. Scroll down the page until you see the link for “Access PA.”
3. After clicking the “Access PA” link, you will be required to enter your library card number, unless you are using the library computers. After the page has loaded, you will see several links listed for many different databases.
4. Click on the first one, which is titled, “Auto Repair.” This will give you a description of the database with the link to the database at the top.
5. Click on the “Auto Repair Reference Center,” link. A new page will open with yet another link of the same title.
6. Once again, click the title and the next page will ask for your vehicle year, make, and model. Just fill in the fields and you are ready to go!
After selecting the vehicle specifications, you are offered many choices that allow you to find the information you need. These options include such items as “Repair Info,” “Diagrams,” “Recalls,” and “Diagnostics.” There are several other options available to choose from, depending on your car needs. Moreover, taking the needed information out to the garage is as easy as clicking the print button! We welcome you to try it and discover just one more of our many helpful services!